Top Performing Community Banks in Georgia in 2014
In the most recent list of the nation’s top performing community banks from Bank Director magazine, nine Georgia banks found their way on the scorecard for their performance in 2014. The magazine ranks banks traded on the NASDAQ OMX and NYSE exchanges, dividing them into three categories: big banks over $50 billion in assets; mid-sized banks between $5 billion and $50 billion in asset; and community banks between $1 billion and $5 billion in assets.
Phil W. Hudson of the Atlanta Business Chronicle highlighted the Georgia banks that made the list in the article “What are Georgia’s top performing banks?“.
The top performing community banks in the state include:
- State Bank Financial Corp. (NASDAQ: STBZ) ranked No. 29
- Fidelity Southern Corp. (NASDAQ: LION) ranked No. 73
- Ameris Bancorp ranked (NASDAQ: ABCB) No. 94
- Southeastern Bank Financial Corp. (OTC BB: SBFC) ranked No. 97
- Heritage Financial Group Inc. (NASDAQ:HBOS) ranked No. 141
- Hamilton State Bancshares Inc. (OTC BB:HMBH) ranked No. 142
View the full article at the Atlanta Business Chronicle