Business Group Files For Approval as Loyal Trust Bank
Johns Creek, GA — A group of local business professionals filed on March 11, 2019 with the FDIC and the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance for a new bank charter in the Atlanta, Metro area. The FDIC accepted the application as complete for processing on April 16, 2019; The Georgia Department of Banking and Finance accepted the application as complete for processing on May 2, 2019.
Brightlane Partners LLC, Chris Johnson and Nancy LaFoy, assisted the organizing group in its application filing. The group’s legal representation is James Stevens, attorney with Troutman Sanders LLP.
The proposed Chairwoman of the bank will be well known local business owner, Rose Jarboe of WePartner Management. The proposed CEO, is Charlie Brown (pictured right), founding Chairman and CEO of Insignia Bank with over 20 years of experience in community banking in this role, as well as five+ years as a former FDIC Community Bank Advisory Board Member in Washington, D.C.
Other founding directors include:
- Bill Abernathy owner of Abernathy Bank Consulting and former regional OCC Bank Examiner
- Julin Gu, Founder and President of China US Technology Innovation Center, Johns Creek
- John Lewis Jr., Partner of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP as well as former Private Bank of Buckhead Board Member
- Edward Oh, Founder and CEO of Pac Tell Group dba US Fibers
- James Park, CEO and owner of Sun’s Transfer Co., Inc
- Bo Shen, Founder and Managing Partner of Fenbushi Capital
- Dr. Wang, CEO/Neurologist, Georgia Neuro-diagnostic & Treatment Center
The group intends to locate the bank’s headquarters in Johns Creek, GA with the address of 11675 Medlock Bridge Rd., Johns Creek, GA with a targeted opening, pending regulatory approval, in the fall of this year.
The bank will be the first and only multi-cultural, Asian American Bank headquartered in the Johns Creek market and will serve the surrounding area with a hi-touch and hi-tech community banking style for business and consumer customers.
About Brightlane Partners LLC
Brightlane Partners is a management consulting and investment banking firm located in Atlanta that provides value added advisory services to financial institutions and financial technology companies. The firm formed in 2014 from principals in its predecessor, T. Stephen Johnson & Associates, and its staff boasts over 40 years of industry experience providing advisory services to over 300 financial institutions across the United States. Its principals have developed over 100 de novo banks, advised on over 50 bank transactions, and helped raise over $1.5 billion in bank capital.